I recently received a update to my Verizon Smartphone Total Mobile Protection Plan that made me re-evaluate whether it is worth it. The plan has become more expensive (from $10 to $11 / month) and the deductible was raised (from $99 to $149).
Verizon Smartphone Total Mobile Protection Plan Update Letter
Almost two years ago, I opted into the Verizon Smartphone Total Mobile Protection Plan when I upgraded from a flip phone to a smart phone. In my haste the $10 / mo fee for the protection plan compared to the relatively large sticker price seemed worth it and I … Read the rest
At some point you may want to remove a picture’s background in order to isolate or accent the subject, remove distracting details, or have some fun and place yourself in fun or amusing locations. For example, below is a picture taken during one of my many speeches at the White House in DC.
The following steps are used to remove the background from an image.
- Select an image you’d like to remove the background from.
- Insert the image into a PowerPoint chart.
- Click on the image and the Picture Tools menu will appear in PowerPoint (image below).
- Under Picture Tools
… Read the rest
A Microsoft Windows keyboard shortcut is extremely useful if you’d like to quickly open applications, open files, or run scripts you use frequently.
The following steps are used to set up a Microsoft Windows keyboard shortcuts.
- Right click on the file (or application) and left click “copy”
- Right click in a directory and left click “Past Shortcut”
- Right click on the shortcut you just created and left click “Properties”
- Select the “Shortcut” tab by left clicking on it.
- Select the “Shortcut Key” field by left clicking in the text box
- While in the “Shortcut Key” field type the shortcut key
… Read the rest